Mexican Stuffed PotatoPrint this recipe
- 1 large potato (for 2 people or 1 small for 1 person)
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 cup of spinach
- Handful of grated cheese
- Black pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 avocado
1. Preheat the oven at 200°
2. Wash the potato and prick it with a fork. Pop into the oven for about an hour (maybe a little bit less, depending on the size. Can also microwave for quickness)
3. Once it’s cooked through take out of the oven and slice in half, then scoop out the middle. Don’t scoop the entire potato out, leave some on the bottom and the edges (as seen in the video)
4. In a bowl add the mashed potato, black beans, red onion, spinach, cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix around.
5. Now stuff the potato with the filling and add some grated cheese on top. Pop back into the oven for around 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Top with avocado and serve with salad. You could also use 1 large potato half-half one day and the other half the next day.